Narrowband

AVX PEC training

Hi

I've just started looking at running my mount handset's internal PEC routine, but I'm confused about actually going about it.

I image with a scope and finder guider connected to my laptop via USB, then my mount handset connected to the laptop via ASCOM.

All the guides I see mention ST4 connection from guider to mount but is this necessary? I can't see the point of running NB the PEC routine via ST4 then having to reconnect with ASCOM?

Is ASCOM ok for PEC? If so, what is the exact procedure? I get I need to calibrate the guider in phd2, but then do I just select PEC and press record in the handset?

I don't understand all the talk about looking at curves and finding indexes.

Any help appreciated!

Hi

As you have a guider I wouldn't bother with PEC. I wouldn't bother with st4 either - just connect to your guide cam via usb. I use ascom, StellariumScope and Stellarium with my AVX. PHD2 for guiding and whatever is your favourite image capturing software. Keep it simples!

Louise

Thanks, Louise

I recorded a PEC run the other night, with my usual ASCOM setup.

Didn't see any substantial improvement in guiding so, as you say, I'm not sure it's worth bothering with in the future.