Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

I just try to show the beauty of the night sky, and again the possibilities with a smartphone. There are already better applications at the google play to make the night lapse easy. At first I used the Gif maker pro. It's a good app to edit the frames, before creating video, but you can't save the videos in good quality. Now I use the TimeLab app (same developer, as Intervalometer app), in the editing it has not so many options, but with this app you can save the videos in 4K too, or full HD. This video is 360 frames (each 30 sec exposition at ISO 800) Huawei P10 monochrome camera, Intervalometer app, TimeLab app. Pictures taken in Kleinwalsertal, Austria 2019. 09. 23-24.  (The video is full HD, I don't know, why, but it doesn't run continuesly on my PC, when I watch that back on SGL. I hope, on your monitors you can enjoy it!)

• Like 23

58 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

That's really clever.

Looks like two links to the same video.

I see that also twice, I don't know, why o.O If I click on  "edit post", there are also 2 videos, but at downside only 1 file to choose.

edit.JPG

56 minutes ago, Mick J said:

Nice, and runs smoothly for me, good work. 

Thanks! I hate the clouds, but in moonlight they are also cool on a timelapse.

That's really good! 

Any ideas what the bright light is that appears on the right hand side just below halfway on about 12 seconds?

13 hours ago, Whistlin Bob said:

That's really good! 

Any ideas what the bright light is that appears on the right hand side just below halfway on about 12 seconds?

It's a small moon, a reflection between the lenses (lens flare) 🙂

• Like 1

Very nice indeed. Starting with the Pleiades and ending with the Moon, with a lovely dark grey-black sky, Orion and Taurus leap out.

M

• Like 1

Love this! Also impressed that you captured the Death Star sweeping over the sky towards the end :D

• Haha 1

Amazing for a smartphone camera! What a long way we have come from our 0.9MP flip phones!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now