Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Skywatcher130

Solar filter

Treated myself to a solar filter which should be here in a day or two,  very excited! (even though I take it there's not much to see at the moment 😀)

I shall let you know how I get on. 

Deb 

It is pretty quiet at the moment, but sooner or later something interesting will come along. Practise finding the sun and focusing until then, can be surprisingly tricky to find without a solar finder.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skywatcher130 said:

Treated myself to a solar filter which should be here in a day or two,  very excited!

JUst out of interest, what filter did you get and what scope are you using, @Skywatcher130?

At least you will be able to witness the transit of Mercury on 11th. November [2019] ...weather permitting.

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 2

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.365astronomy.com/Solar-Filter-for-130mm-Newtonian-Telescopes.html&ved=2ahUKEwj5yJzbh_jkAhXkURUIHeJlAxoQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3deicknzz9OSSfCUkGqNUo

Thia is what I have ordered,  at £26 seemed reasonable.  Telescope is same as my name,  on a go-to AZ mount.  I would love a 200p go-to dob in the future though and keep the 130 as a travel scope as we like to go camping. 

Yes,  I'm aware of the transit and I should get a fabulous view from my south-facing garden,  weather depending obviously. In the meantime,  I will be practicing aligning the sun (I know to cover or remove the finderscope, don't worry!) 

• Like 1