Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My own DIY magnification, exit pupil and Tfov calculator

Victor Boesen

I've recently begun takning programming classes in c# which has had me working on a small project for the last week or so. This is very basic and it's mostly made as a project I could learn from but I ended up feeling like it could actually be somewhat useful. I'm excited to see what more I can program since I've only had programming lessons in a little under a month now and I still have the rest of the year to go.

I attached the program so you can give it a go. I don't expect you to say "wow" but I just want to share my work and my first "real" program I've written myself:) If you have any ideas on what I should add I'd be happy to do so(if it isn't too difficult).

Astronomy calculator.exe

Clear skies!

Victor

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vlaiv said:

I did not check it out, but I do have suggestion for further enhancements :D

How about adding "imaging" mode along side visual mode. There you can put calculations for FOV size, sampling rate, .... (actually have a look here for inspiration: https://astronomy.tools/)

Thinking about it, I could do both an imaging an visual "section"... Thanks for your suggestion;)