SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SkyfI 3

barkis

Th SkyFi 3 is on offer from the US at  150 dollars, which equates to about £123  here.
The Widescreen' Centre's price is reduced, but is still a whopping  £249.
Any other outlet in the UK with a more sensible reduction. I know the WS Centre won't price match.
I suspect Import Tax would be added to a purchase from America though.
Ron.

Edited by barkis

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Wasn't quite sure what you were asking Ron. I have one which I use with my Vixen GP-DX and Skysensor 2000PC so that I can control it via Skysafari. Works very well.

What were you hoping to do with it?

Hi Stu. I thought it would allow me to dispense with the laptop in the Obs. I guess I was looking to receive a big plus regarding the capabilities of the device. It will need  planetarium software installed too. Also, how does it cope with drivers for the various attachments used for imaging. Perhaps it's for observational astronomy, and not imaging.

Ron

1 hour ago, barkis said:

Hi Stu. I thought it would allow me to dispense with the laptop in the Obs. I guess I was looking to receive a big plus regarding the capabilities of the device. It will need  planetarium software installed too. Also, how does it cope with drivers for the various attachments used for imaging. Perhaps it's for observational astronomy, and not imaging.

Ron

It's not really a processing device Ron, just allows connectivity between mounts and smartphones for easier goto with Skysafari really. I suspect it's not what you are after unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

It's not really a processing device Ron, just allows connectivity between mounts and smartphones for easier goto with Skysafari really. I suspect it's not what you are after unfortunately.

You are right Stu. Not anything that would replace what  I already use. I am always Interested in new gadgets, but not this one. A good aid for the observers though.

Cheers mate.  Ron.

Edited by barkis