Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

quaoar

iPhone video of Saturn

iPhone video of Saturn in my 28" f4.2.  EP 4.7mm coupled to 4x PowerMate and iPhone onscreen image expanded to max 5x to give total magnification on Saturn of about 12000x (( 2966/4.7 x 4) x 5) 😂

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant, I never thought I’d see anything as good as that from an iPhone, but I’m sure the 28” helps a lot 👌. I prefer the x2500 video over the x12000 - not at all miserly in IMO..!!

Cheers, Geof

Thanks chaps I've got a few more there on my youtube channel there for anyone interested. Aperture and seeing certainly help the iphone 😂 

@quaoar - question: do you plan on processing them with PIPP, Registax, Deep Sky Stacker, etc?

I enjoyed both of them by the way! 

Nah I'm not into the processing side of things I just like to see if I can get a decent video every now and then with a simple iphone setup. Gross aperture and an iPhone vs all the rest 😂

I find viewing the screen from a couple of meters away adds to it

Edited by quaoar