Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ssuummoonnaa

Hi, I have recently bought the celestron AM 130 EQ. when setting up , I wrongly assembled the counter weight first rather than adjusting the lattitude knob both at the front and rear side. That made the counter weight pull towards the floor and now the lattitude adjustment knob is jammed, I cant move it counter clockwise. The pin at lattitude is showing 0 degree. What to do. Please help. 

20190927_083859.jpg

Edited by ssuummoonnaa

Hi Ssuummoonnaa,

For what I understand, you can't loosen the lockingscrew for the lattitude setting, for the lattitude adjustmentscrew is not attached, it's laying in front of the mount. The trick will be to undo the jammed locking screw and maybe you will need a tool to do that, risking to bent the little lever. Sliding a piece of tubing over it and in that way get a bigger lever, may be your best chance to unlock it... 
Then screw in the adjustment screw, set your lattitude and fasten the locking screw again before attaching cw's  or telescope.

Edited by Waldemar
  • Thanks 1