Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 1848 The Soul Nebula in Narrowband

eshy76

Hi everyone!

Captured this data in one night from my back garden. My struggles with the Hubble Palette continue...on this occasion I went for the slight adjustment to hues in PI and then SCNR green approach and then tweaked curves from there....I think I made the colour adjustments too late in the process which put some noise back into the image...but colours are getting there.

6.8 hours of SHO integration, WOZ73 + CEM25P + ASI1600 + Astrodon filters.

Full details here

Thanks for looking!

169196853_IC18482019-09-07-800x590.png.cf2dbbd8366ae3bd1880f8b43cc7213c.png

• Like 10

1 minute ago, alan potts said:

A lovely shot though I do prefer this in normal red, you have done a great job though.

Alan

Thank you - I also generally prefer the more natural red palette, not least due to not having to tweak colours when processing...but I'm trying to force myself to get better at the old Hubble Palette!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eshy76 said:

Hi everyone!

Captured this data in one night from my back garden. My struggles with the Hubble Palette continue...on this occasion I went for the slight adjustment to hues in PI and then SCNR green approach and then tweaked curves from there....I think I made the colour adjustments too late in the process which put some noise back into the image...but colours are getting there.

6.8 hours of SHO integration, WOZ73 + CEM25P + ASI1600 + Astrodon filters.

Full details here

Thanks for looking!

169196853_IC18482019-09-07-800x590.png.cf2dbbd8366ae3bd1880f8b43cc7213c.png

Lovely image, especially the way you've captured the cloud of gas blown from the baby's bottom

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, eshy76 said:

Thank you - I also generally prefer the more natural red palette, not least due to not having to tweak colours when processing...but I'm trying to force myself to get better at the old Hubble Palette!

Well I think it looks great, the beauty of the Hubble colours is nothing is really wrong at least thats the way I see it. I always feel many over egg the colours too, this for me is just right.

Alan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alan potts said:

Well I think it looks great, the beauty of the Hubble colours is nothing is really wrong at least thats the way I see it. I always feel many over egg the colours too, this for me is just right.

Alan

Thank you! I was very conscious of trying to avoid garishness... 

The Soul nebula is another example of a DSO that was not exactly top of my list to capture, but I'm very glad I did...there are some beautiful features within it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, knobby said:

Lovely image, especially the way you've captured the cloud of gas blown from the baby's bottom

I'll never be able to look at the Soul Nebula again without that image coming to mind.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eshy76 said:

Thank you! I was very conscious of trying to avoid garishness... 

The Soul nebula is another example of a DSO that was not exactly top of my list to capture, but I'm very glad I did...there are some beautiful features within it.

I feel it is something we all do even though I constantly look for it, and I have a excellent eye for colour. It is almost that we think it makes things look better to bang up the saturation, I am sure it will not be the last time I do it. I see so many images that toned down just a bit would then, for me anyway, go to another level. You watch my next image, it will be a Versace special now I have said this.

Alan

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Very nicely framed and I too like the colour.  Excellent work.  

Thank you very much...I feel like I've made a breakthrough with the colours in this image vs. my previous Hubble attempts!