Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Rowan AZ100 Alt-Az Mount

FLO

On 20/12/2019 at 15:59, FLO said:

We will however be able to dispatch them to customers when we reopen Monday. Promise 🙂 

We did our very best but it was so busy and we were a man down in the warehouse. We are working again tomorrow / Christmas Eve so it will be on its way to you then. Am so sorry for the disappointment 😞

Steve 

16 minutes ago, omo said:

Mine is on its way, here Friday 😁

What's changed with the counterweight bar that its changed price?

May be a mistake when they updated the page as just checked my invoice and I have been charged the original £65.00 price?

There are two part numbers for the counterweight shaft. One for the shaft itself and one for the shaft mounting plate so guessing the price shown is just for the shaft.

Edited by johninderby

The only change I'm aware of is an increase in the thread diameter to give more strength. It can be screwed directly into the Saddle without it being removed which is really handy when switching between single and double scope setups. Shouldn't affect cost though I wouldn't have thought.

As the counterweight shaft assembly now has two part numbers instead of just one I’m assuming that when the website database was updated that’s where the error crept in. FLO will have to update the website to include both part numbers so the correct price is shown.

Edited by johninderby

It is surprising how many SKU codes one product, with its various accessories and combinations, can create. I admit it was a bit of a rush today to dispatch the mounts before we closed for Christmas but we made it. Couriers permitting, everyone who ordered an AZ100 mount will receive one Friday 🙂

I am home now but if anyone spots a typo or some other mistake please email details. We will then look into it when we reopen. 

Merry Christmas 🎄

Steve 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2019 at 16:04, johninderby said:

I have one of the Altair dual fit saddles which is a big heavy lump and seems to have a similar anodised finish unlike the ADM that is more of a matt finish. I also replaced the stock knobs with some matt stainless steel ones that are far easier to tighten. With the stainless knobs cost more than the Rowan one though.

Hopefully it will match. 🤔

CB0DF40F-079D-48EE-9C04-3413C92B873E.jpeg

Hi, 

Can you let me know if you needed to make any modifications to the Altair Astro saddle for it to fit the Rowan, please? 

I ordered a Rowan and I'm interested in replacing the saddle with one these Altair Astro saddles, thanks.,  

Best.., 

bsdsgl84 

The Altair is a straight bolt on. Used two M8 bolts.

The saddle worked fine except the stock knobs were a bit rubbish. Not quality wise but hard to get a proper grip of. Hence why I fitted the WDS stainless tri-lobe knobs. The new knobs were £28.00 so the toal price was about the same as the Rowan one.The one advantage the Rowan has is there are two independant clamps on the saddle so,easy to tighten them one at a time instead of both toghether. 

I just received one of the Rowan dual fit saddles today. Sold the Altair the other day.

243E2A9B-4130-4B55-A3F6-819DE1C29B8F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The Altair is a straight bolt on. Used two M8 bolts.

The saddle worked fine except the stock knobs were a bit rubbish. Not quality wise but hard to get a proper grip of. Hence why I fitted the WDS stainless tri-lobe knobs. The new knobs were £28.00 so the toal price was about the same as the Rowan one.The one advantage the Rowan has is there are two independant clamps on the saddle so,easy to tighten them one at a time instead of both toghether. 

I just received one of the Rowan dual fit saddles today. Sold the Altair the other day.

243E2A9B-4130-4B55-A3F6-819DE1C29B8F.jpeg

Hello John, 

Good to hear from you - thanks for getting back to me.., 

Thanks for confirming that the Altair will work without mods - but you know what, from the additional background you provided, I think I'll wait to see to see what the Rowan saddle is like before proceeding with the Altair.., 

Thanks again, John! 

Best.., 

bsdsgl84

• 5 months later...