Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the South East, England.

madMARTYNmarsh

Hi Marty, my in laws aren't far from you then..I'm Washford farm area which is bortle 5, can see the milky way when the moons not about ..but some times I venture out to hamstreet area which is bortle 4 and the milky way is highly visible 

Edited by newbie alert
Spelling
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, newbie alert said:

Hi Marty, my in laws aren't far from you then..I'm Washford farm area which is bortle 5, can see the milky way when the moons not about ..but some times I venture out to hamstreet area which is bortle 4 and the milky way is highly visible 

I grew up on Stanhope so know Washford farm well.

Do you attend the Ashford astronomical society at all? I wanted to go for the first time on Friday but my brother has tonsillitis so I didn't get to go.

Hi, Martyn, and welcome to SGL.

A great scope when you get to grips with it. It took me ages to get to grips with PA when I moved to an EQ mount. Your LP sounds even worse than mine!

Great call about visiting your local society. Sometimes, someone who can show you what to do can make an otherwise incomprehensible manual suddenly seem clear.

Enjoy the journey.