Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Started trying Uranus

Lucas_M

5 hours ago, muddy said:

I would like to capture Uranus like yours but it still alludes me 

keep on going and i look forward to seeing some more images of a not so popular imaging subject

muddy

Thanks Moody

I think a Uranus capture needs only the same three things we want for another solar system targets: 

1. Good seeing

2. Good telescope aperture

3. Good filters

Generally, the first one has been my enemy 😂😂

23 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

One method for the uranus and Neptune is just to capture a ton of IR only and false colourise it. There is very little detail in RGB for these targets.

Exactly Craig.

The RGB channels are only for the colour correction. The IR bandpass filter gives deeper details.

• Like 1

A good start there Lucas, Uranus is at the top of my list in coming months as well.

This was my capture from 2016/17, it contains some good advice capturing and processing Uranus.  Lots and lots of frames for me is going to be the key.

Don't be afraid to push the gain to max, the image on my Firecapture screen was so noisy it did not resemble a planet at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30/09/2019 at 12:12, Pete Presland said:

A good start there Lucas, Uranus is at the top of my list in coming months as well.

This was my capture from 2016/17, it contains some good advice capturing and processing Uranus.  Lots and lots of frames for me is going to be the key.

Don't be afraid to push the gain to max, the image on my Firecapture screen was so noisy it did not resemble a planet at all.

Thank you very much, Pete!!

Great tips and certainly i'm going to try next time! Maybe today, i hope!!

Your Uranus is amazing! Congrats!! An inspiration for me!

Lucas

• Like 1