Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from County Antrim

mercandrea

Hello all, my name is Mark and I am a Software Engineer from Northern Ireland. I've been getting a lot of useful information from this forum for the last few years so I thought it was about time I introduced myself. It's currently very wet and windy outside so what better time!

I have been interested in astronomy since I was a little lad and had a Tasco refractor when I was younger but didn't have a great experience with it and it sat in a box unused for many years. In 2014 I saw the northern lights for the first time and the spark was reignited! The Tasco has since been replaced with a Skywatcher 150P and now I am well and truly hooked. Just this summer I've invested in an EQ6-R pro mount as I start to get into astrophotography more seriously and I confidently predict it won't be the last substantial purchase I make in pursuit of this fantastic hobby! 😀

I look forward to chatting with the like minded folk of SGL.

Clear Skies

Mark

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mercandrea said:

@tooth_dr I do go to the  IAA meetings and judging by your moniker you're the same Adam that I'll have a good oul yarn with in the back row, small world!

Lol I did think it was you, just wanted to check 😂

That’s class you bought an EQ6-R, have you got it out much yet?