SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from the Wirral UK

Dan_wirral

Hi, my name is Dan, I'm 34 and live on the wirral. I've been into astronomy now for about 5 years. I own a skywatcher 200p a little 76mm Meade reflector. I have recently discovered a love for binocular astronomy (I know most people start with them) I had clear skys on Friday night and went out using my 15×70s and probably had the busiest night I've ever had. Looking at doubles, groups and dso in 3 constellations (Andromada, perseus and pisces)

I keep a observation log book. Mostly in diary form but i make sketches when i can. I recently bought a cheap dictaphone as i usually do my write up the next day and it's probably one of my best purchases for the hobby, although did get a few chuckles from my girlfriend when I sat there listening to myself and taking notes.

I've been wanting to replace/upgrade my smaller telescope for some time as it's what I tend to use if I want a quick set up, I find the 200p quite cumbersome and can be off putting especially in the winter when it's cold and dark by the time I get home from work. I have bought myself a skywatcher evostar 102mm refractor, after a lot of reading online I felt this was probably a good choice for me, considering my budget and why I wanted a new "smaller scope" hopefully it should be here some time this week and then all I have to do is wait for the clouds to clear 

Edited by Dan_wirral