Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally clear sky

ASSA

Sorry for Language, I helped myself with a translator.

09/21/2019

I was getting ready all day for this night. A friend with 20 "Newton was supposed to come but eventually I was alone. Tea in a thermos, sandwiches and a table ready. A friend warns me of inhuman moisture, so I also brought electricity and a hair dryer. Despite forecasts it only cleared up after 9:30 PM, so until "moonrise" little time left.

The equipment used for observation is GSO 10 ", UB filter, bino +1.6x GPC + Morpheus pair 17.5 mm (~ 115x, pupil 2.2 mm), Meade UWA 24 mm 82, ES 18 mm 82.

Conditions: high humidity, Moon in the third quarter rising at 10:00 PM local time, medium transparency.

I set the Double Cluster in Perseus as a warm-up. In the 18 mm ES eyepiece, a beautiful view, the entire frame filled with stars, both clusters are within the field of view and the cat's paw adds charm. I also tried using Morpheus 17.5 mm, also a great view, a bit more flattened field of view, smaller problems with sharpness at the edge. However, the best view was served by Meade, a wonderful large 1.6-degree field filled to the brim with diamonds. Very comfortable eyepiece, I'm impressed.

Veil was next in line, as I never get bored with this object. In the Meade UWA, armed with a UB filter, it wonderfully pulls a feather and a broom from the background. The mass of frayed parts as well as the various elements of the Pickering triangle !!! I don't remember seeing them so clearly in SWAN 33, unless the exit pupil was too big in it. I stayed with it for a moment to remind myself that I haven't tested properly the bino with 1.6x GPC + Morpheus on DS objects.

M13 in Hercules in Morpheus looked phenomenal, beautifully splitted up almost to the center, a huge supply of field around the cluster. I took off my eyecups and all I have left are the lenses, big and encouraging to look. After this Trick, looking at a bino looks like looking into a magic well :) Total lack of diaphragm, just ends the 76 degree field of view filled with stars and the real world begins. 110x power is the perfect fold for a 10 "mirror, the set works great.

I looked at the neighboring NGC 6207, it appeared as a delicate mist, rather bino did not help her.

M92 smashed into stardust, concentrated inside, peeking out gains a lot of brightness, the nucleus is very bright, the perfect object for two eyes.

The Cat's Eye planetary nebula in Morpheus is wonderful, 110x times it was enough to see its slightly oblong shape with a very bright center, the color is a delicate blue.

The time has come for something more difficult.

NGC 6934 in Delphinus, I was planning to play with her a larger mirror but GSO also showed something. The cluster is strongly compact, slightly brighter center, very delicate graininess on the edges, hulled with effort. Viewed in a bino with 17.5 mm Baaders.

The more difficult cousin NGC 7006 is nearby - there is clearly a lack of resolution here. The cluster is perfectly visible as a small blot, on the verge of recognition as a globular cluster and not a galaxy. I will come back here with bigger, better equipment and look inside this ball.

M15 is very close so I aim at it and I see a very bright cluster with a particularly bright nucleus, it reminds me of the sharp, focused nucleus in M13. Definitely different from other bright globulars. It is the nucleus that catches the eye, the view is first-rate.

Pacman Nebula - this is the first time I approach this object, it goes out easily in Meade 24 mm with a UB filter. The moon is already quite high in the sky but the nebula shows its beauty, but it's hard for me to see its mouth, it gets blurry in this place.

I have everything wet, I go with the hair dryer to secondary mirror and the finder and dry every now and then. If it wasn't for the proximity of the house I would have to stop observing

I move to the other side of the sky where the Moon does not yet dominate, I want to look in several places before it brightens the sky.

First to my favorite Cluster M71. In 24 mm it pops up as a beautiful density of stars, not very bright as a whole, when I look at it I see practically two levels of brightness, one internal with an irregular shape brighter and a delicate halo around also with an uneven shape. A magnificent view with a beautiful star field.

In the ES 18 mm, a similar view only slightly closer did not bring much new to observation.

I look into the M57, tiny bagel always enjoys, I did not go into a lot of power because I wanted to go to next target.

I wandered to M27. Without a filter, large and juicy dumbbells in ES 18 mm, the sky slowly shines so I put on the filter and watch again. This time the stars are dimmed and the nebula itself is beautifully exposed. Maybe it's an illusion but I see a delicate blue color similar to the Cat's Eye? Usually, as we watched her in 20" with filters, it fell into green ... probably something has come to my mind because the stars around were just turning greenish.

I tried to fight the Sadr Nebulae, but it's probably not an object for the GSO 10 "or I don't know how to watch it, something like delirious.

I aimed at North America with Meade and UB. Beautiful brightening with a regular shape. The bay and Mexico itself are clearly visible. Studying its structures, I came to NGC 6996, a delicate cluster of stars inside the nebula. Pelican Nebula visible but I did not look at it closely.

Finally, I jumped into the Crescent Nebula - the moon was already high in the sky, it was 01:00 am, Meade and the UB filter showed me the nebula as a delicate glow in the shape of an incomplete arc, unfortunately, that's all I could see. It looked like a light streak, similar to Veil without filters.

Around 1:00 am I went to sleep setting the alarm clock at 4:20.

After a nap, I returned to the telescope. Of course, I thoroughly dried everything with a dryer because every element flowed down with water. Backpack with boxes from eyepieces all wet. Moon high, I don't remember watching it at such height for a long time. The third quarter is wonderful, everything around sleeps hard sleep, awakened and slightly shocked by the cold I looked at the moon, so cold and lonely. Orion is already high, so I don't think much, I packed ES 18 mm + UB 2 "and aimed at M42.

The nebula jumped out of the background showing itself proudly, of course I could not count on beautifully spreading wings with the Moon over my head, but the view was still great. The central part is light enough that it rests easily I have seen a few dark trusses inside it + a trapezoid with 4 stars. You can feel the breeze of autumn and winter when you can already enjoy Orion.

But I didn't get up for that, I was more interested in the Moon. I was counting on a beautiful spectacle with his participation as the third quarter is less known and less frequently watched.

I put a bino with Morpheus and 1.6x GPC, which gives about 110x and a 2.2mm exit pupil. The entire moon with field reserves is within the field of view. You can see the delicate waving of the air, the atmospheric front goes, but the picture is sharp and full of details. After a while, I was not enough, I change the equalizer for Barlow GSO 2 "ED screwed into the reduction. Power increases to about 180x. I tirelessly comb the entire terminator line every now and then returning to the stars of the evening - Copernicus and Plato.

I almost forgot i have a Pentax XF 12 mm pair. I went quickly for them and after changing to Pentax the magnification increases to around 250x-260x. Now it's fun. Magnificent view. The atmosphere is trying to ruin it for me, but the height of the Moon does its job and the details, despite the fact that they are gently waving, remain fully visible all the time, occasionally sharpening so that I am not sure if I am still standing on Earth or already in the Moon Probe cabin. Copernicus shows a great interior, slopes covered with terraces, inside several peaks and various creations. Mass of small craters around.

Apennines cut strongly beyond the edge of the terminator. I'm going lower and focusing on Plato. Inside this crater there is a lot of small craters used to check the resolution of telescopes. I decided to take a closer look at them.

I can see only two pieces but they appear as craters with a dark and light part. These are not bright points of light that I saw in TS 102 F11 AC. Plato himself is filled with black claws of shadows, probably one of the claws hid from me a double mini crater inside, I am sure I would have seen it if it had not been for the shadow.

After successful play, I finish today and take my eyepieces home, it is already dawn.

I have not mentioned yet the travels in Cassiopeia with 24 mm UWA. Too many stellar objects and I wasn't able to find myself there but what I looked at is mine :) I think I remember the star asterism "S" the most nice :) 

09/22/2019

It was a night I haven't experienced much in my life. The transparency was amazing. Unfortunately, that evening I could not use the telescope but I could not afford to waste such a night so I took old Nikon VII 10x50 with me, a dog and went into the field to cover the lighthouse and LP from the south with a small birch forest 100 m from the house.

What a night it was. It's hard for me to catalog what I saw in the "shield constelation" but wherever I looked it was either a nebula or a cluster, a truly magnificent view.

The Lagoon nebula itself was pushing itself into my field of view, it was impossible to detach itself from it, stretched between a row of bright stars. The Trifid Nebula was less visible but was there.

Above them some star cluster, then another, probably M23. M22 shone beautifully, M25, M24. I looked towards M11 on the way past the next objects. It was a pity I finally had time to rummage in the SkySafariS to know what "number" I was looking at, and I was not sure of the markings anyway because that wasn't what I was interested in right now. I just stared and was shocked at the density of the object we just have under our noses and a few or several degrees of latitude are missing to be able to soak up these treasures.

Overhead clear sky which I had little in my life. I aimed at Veil, after I realized what field I had in front of me and where to expect "feathers" I saw the fiber without any problem as a delicate outline. I'm shocked at how easily it came to me. Then a glance at M13, M92, my favorite M71, M27, M31.

I also looked at North America and I could easily see the shape, mainly with the help of this dark pitting. Finally I put down my binoculars and looked with the naked eye. I am 90% sure that it will be distinguishable even with the naked eye, I could not locate the Gulf of Mexico only this dark gap between Pelican and NA but I but I didn't miss much ... I felt so.

Now a bit extreme for me because I started after NGC 6934 in Dolphinus and won this battle :) delicate ball but definitely visible straight away, it did not make a big difference. I am impressed, the day before I tried to break it in a 10" mirror and today I look at her in 10x50 binoculars :) 

I glanced at the droppings at M15 and headed home, unable to believe today's conditions.

• Like 2