Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

N. Hemisphere Mosaic (large image)

CraigT82

6 pane mosaic captured yesterday before dawn, used up over 150gig of disk space!

Fullerscope with 290m and baader red filter. 

Each pane was 5k frames collected and best 500 stacked and sharpened in imppg before stitching in MSice

Thanks for looking

Mosaic v2 png.png

• Like 18

Awesome! Thats a word used far too often and I usually try to avoid using it but in this case is the right word.

That is just Awesome (can't believe it I ve used it twice).

It's just SO clear and detailed, well worth the effort.

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Thanks 1

You know, I thought about dipping my toes in astro photography in the beginning of my return to the hobby, was put off partly by the never ending expense, but more so, by some of the awesome images I see on here. This is just such an awesome image. It should inspire me, but in fact it just seems so far out of reach, it seems that there is little point. :undecided:

It is a really, really great image though, thank you for sharing. :smiley::thumbright:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Greymouser said:

You know, I thought about dipping my toes in astro photography in the beginning of my return to the hobby, was put off partly by the never ending expense, but more so, by some of the awesome images I see on here. This is just such an awesome image. It should inspire me, but in fact it just seems so far out of reach, it seems that there is little point. :undecided:

It is a really, really great image though, thank you for sharing. :smiley::thumbright:

Well the kit I have didn't cost much to put together.... the scope and mount are ancient and tatty and bought of UKABS, the camera was bought refurbished from facebook and the laptop I rescued from the IT department at work! Altogether I think I've spent about £750 on this setup. The expense doesn't have to be never ending! Getting out there and practicing is much more important 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Very nice indeed. I regularly grab up to 250-300 GB for lunar mosaics. You really need a big SSD to do this kind of work

Thanks Michael, yes I will definitely need to purchase in an external ssd drive! I was gobsmacked when I looked at the size of the first video I captured... shooting full size certainly eats up the bytes