Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

ScouseSpaceCadet

Back Garden Astronomy Week 28th Sept

BBC Sky at Night magazine is promoting Back Garden Astronomy Week. Commencing 28th September. Register to receive daily updates and a rather snazzy 58 page digital beginners magazine.

https://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/news/get-stargazing-with-back-garden-astronomy-week/

Contained within the free mag is a discount code for Sky at Night Magazine. £16.50 for a 12 month print subscription. A veritable bargain!

https://try.skyatnightmagazine.com/backgardenastronomy/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I did this last year as a newbie.  It was very enjoyable. I might do it again this year with my son who has an keen interest. Nice to have a 'plan' to follow. 

I have a free Sky at Night subscription through the RB digital app from Staffordshire libraries. Most councils used to offer similar things,  well used to before all the cuts that is! 

• Like 2

This is proving to be as bad as it was last year so far.  Not the recommendations,  just the blooming weather!  

Very depressing weather!!!  I need a lot of practice to get back where I was a couple of years ago with imaging after a break.

On 23/09/2019 at 20:23, Skywatcher130 said:

I have a free Sky at Night subscription through the RB digital app from Staffordshire libraries. Most councils used to offer similar things,  well used to before all the cuts that is! 

West Sussex Library Service does the same. I have the printed mag through a gift subscription and download the digital version just in case I have to hang around somewhere with nothing to read.

Have you all seen the error on page 4 of the download? Repeated on page 55 of the new one? 

On 20/09/2019 at 21:04, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Contained within the free mag is a discount code for Sky at Night Magazine. £16.50 for a 12 month print subscription. A veritable bargain!

https://try.skyatnightmagazine.com/backgardenastronomy/

My version downloaded this morning is saying "£16.50 every 6 issues", so a bargain, but not quite as much of one

Posted (edited)

The offer is definitely £16.50 every 12 issues here. Just checked to make sure. The promo code is SKYBA219.

www.buysubscriptions.com/SKYBA219

Enter the above promo code into the "Got a promotion code? ADD NEW" box.

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet

Late response, I know - it's been a busy week,  but here's the page I saw in the download.

If the actual offer is better, that's great. :)

1476172041_SatNoffer.png.c94ee99e1010c6354d0feab914f4e377.png