SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Prince

wookie1965

Set up at 9pm get a couple of hours in before the giant lightbulb made its entrance, Used Capella and Caph to align. Tried NGC 457 to check there it was bang in the middle which was the constant all night.

η Persei (ETA)  (SAO 0236 55) Lovely Orange star with a blue companion but I think its a triple as could see another star but there was not much colour.

Σ 331 (SAO 0237 65)  lovely white and blue double

ε Persei ( Epsilon) (SAO 0568 40) Lemon/Orange with a blue companion brilliant contrasting colours.

ζ Persei (Zeta)  (SAO 0567 99)  Small Yellow with a tiny spec of blue

Σ 552 (SAO 0572 79) A pair of white twins.

57 Persei (SAO 0396 04) wide twins apart from the colours one is white the other is yellow/orange

α Persei (Mirfak) (SAO 0387 87) Although not a double this is a cracking bright yellow star in a field of stars (Melotte 20) really nice view.

γ Persei  (Gamma) (SAO 0237 89) Pale white with a ocean blue companion with 8mm x135

θ Persei (Theta) (SAO 0382 88) had to Barlow my 10mm vixen here giving x216 orange/yellow primary light purple tiny companion.

Σ 162 (SAO 0375 36) With a 1.9° split I was delighted to get this two yellow stars with a green/blue companion at X216

7 Persei (SAO 0231 49) this is a wide double on the edge of the double cluster.

20 Persei (SAO 0559 75) Yellow/green primary with just a spec for a secondary.

Σ 360 (SAO 0562 41) twins very close hair split with averted.

Σ 369 (SAO 0387 00) white with a green companion almost touching.

ΟΣ 59 (SAO 0390 31) yellow primary with white secondary used a 8mm get a hair split x135

40 Persei (SAO 0566 46) Yellow with a tiny blueish companion.

Es 277 (SAO 0567 35) White primary with a light grey almost silver companion with averted.

Σ 230 (SAO 0230 71) white with a blue/green companion.

14 Arietis (SAO 0751 71) These jump out at you with not much else in the field Looks like a triple white, blue and very light purple.

Σ 268 & E 270 (SAO 0233 69 like a double double a pair easily split  then a pair of tighter ones used 8mm here white with tiny dot.

Σ 391 (SAO 0388 73) A white and red double same brightness.

S 430 (SAO 0390 05) A wide pair of white stars.

56 Persei (SAO 0572 16) Yellow/Orange primary with a yellow secondary. 

Every one was bang in the middle I was chuffed to bits, I packed a lot in for 2.5 hours. When everything goes right its much easier.  Really I should of halved this list and sketched some I may do that another night.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Really I should of halved this list and sketched some I may do that another night.

What a session! You packed in some gorgeous wonders. If you've got the juices flowing, I think some nights it's great to do as you have done and do a bit of a marathon and then other nights to slow down and sketch an object or two. It's been raining and cloudy here (Spain) almost nonstop for a month, so reading through your observations is making me itch to go :smiley:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob Sellent said:

What a session! You packed in some gorgeous wonders. If you've got the juices flowing, I think some nights it's great to do as you have done and do a bit of a marathon and then other nights to slow down and sketch an object or two. It's been raining and cloudy here (Spain) almost nonstop for a month, so reading through your observations is making me itch to go :smiley:

Yes a packed a lot in after the first 5 where dead in the middle of the FOV I just carried on I did not realise how many I had hit until I came in to write it up.