Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IAS 2019 - Who is attending and when?

Alan White

2 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Hopefully see you there, look out for a mad bloke with a Handlebar Moustache!

So the only thing to separate you from the rest of us is a Handlebar Moustache? 🤣

Edited by Alan White

11 minutes ago, Alan White said:

So the only thing to separate you from the rest of us is a Handlebar Moustache? 🤣

Apart from my good looks and being charming and debonair 😎🤣😂 (And if you believe that they you'll believe the earth is flat)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Alan White said:

A request for @FLO

As this is your first IAS and many of us will be attending, have you thought about a SGL say hello spot on your stand at all,

it would be a natural spot to pitch up. 

We think that is an excellent idea. Thank-you for the suggestion 🙂 

Strictly speaking 'FLO' won't be at the event but Ikarus Imaging will and will be manned by Ian King, myself, Grant, James & Rob (all FLO staff). I think Daz will also join us for one of the days. 

We will post details separately in the Sponsor Section. 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FLO said:

We think that is an excellent idea. Thank-you for the suggestion 🙂 

Strictly speaking 'FLO' won't be at the event but Ikarus Imaging will and will be manned by Ian King, myself, Grant, James & Rob (all FLO staff). I think Daz will also join us for one of the days. 

We will post details separately in the Sponsor Section. 

Steve 

Strictly speaking, FLO are at the IAS, you are listed as an exhibitor Steve,
it was before you had the name Ikarus Imaging in circulation.
Forgive the old pedant in me 🤣 I just cannot stop myself.

I will certainly drop in and say Hello.

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

Strictly speaking, FLO are at the IAS, you are listed as an exhibitor Steve,
it was before you had the name Ikarus Imaging in circulation.
Forgive the old pedant in me 🤣 I just cannot stop myself.

Are you sure? 😁 

https://www.ukastroshow.com/vendors/

But your are right, they originally listed FLO before they realised we are there to introduce and support IKI.

We will be on stall 27 (opposite Rowan Astronomy and beside Pulsar Observatories) and if all goes to plan we will be introducing at least one new brand to the UK 🤫😉 

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

I will certainly drop in and say Hello.

Excellent 🤗 

• Like 2

I was really looking forward to attending this on the Saturday, meeting some of you like minded folk and drooling over some shiny hardware (though with credit card held firmly in check as I'm buying a new guitar today) but it turns out we're going to be in Northumberland for a family get together that weekend!

Never mind - I will meet some of you at Lucksall soon instead 😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/09/2019 at 18:28, chaxastro said:

"Went to last years on the Friday, think I'll be going this year too, but Saturday this time."

Well, OK, so much for going on Saturday!

Looks like I'll be there on Friday after all. Need a day off  from work and seeing as I get up early for work (5am) anyway, I wont mind doing the same to attend this do. Besides, I do love a decent 'lay-in' at the weekend!

So who's gonna be about on Friday?

Chaxastro

'Humour is reason gone Mad!'  Groucho Marx

Still planning to go on the Saturday but will buy a ticket on the door to keep my options open. GMaps is giving me journey times of 3 1/2 hours or so. Allowing a couple of breaks that gives more like 4 hours.

With that journey time it means that even if I leave the show early at 3 o/c or so I'll still be doing the last 2 hours in the dark. And around here dark means dark!

• Like 1

Still attending on Saturday with a friend from Fordingbridge Astro group. About 2.5 hours for us and as we both work not too early a start so will be there around lunchtime. 

On a positive note that gives less time to part with hard earned cash. 

Ade 

Just spotted this on the IAS FB page for those that have booked talks. 

Due to personal and health reasons we are sorry to announce Paddy Gilliland and Dr Carolin Crawford Have had to withdraw from this years Lectures Programme. Please join the IAS team in wishing them both a speedy recovery. Fear not anyone  purchased tickets for there lectures they are still valid. As you can appreciate theses things happen and are out of our control. We only knew this development in the last 24 hours, but are working tirelessly to resolve this problem for you.

But we are pleased to announce at very short notice Dr Demitri Veras and Damian Peach have stepped in and will be lecturing for us in the respective places of Paddy and Carolin, we will have the full lecture synopsis up on the shows website for the replacement lectures as soon as we get them............ then if you do not wish to see the replacement lectures you can contact tyg tickets for a refund.......so nobody will loose out, thank you for your patience on this and as I said we are doing everything we can to resolve this for all of us.  Martin and Graham

• Like 1