SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

TELESCOPE & DSLR HELP

Hi all I have had a telescope purchased as a present for me its a Celestron  AstroMaster 130 and I have a CELESTRON 94307-CGL Astromaster Accessory Kit.

I am going to use a Canon 250d Dslr but not sure what I will need to attach my camera to the scope to shoot the moon n hi-res.

Any help welcome.

• Like 1

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/flo-125-inch-t-mount-camera-adapter.html

You need the above and the adaptor it screws into. That adapter should replicate the Canon bayonet lens connection. This will allow direct connection of the D250 to the OTA.

On some EP's there is also a 42mm thread that allows connection of s camera to the EP to allow eye piece projection.

10 hours ago, BD1983 said:

Hi all I have had a telescope purchased as a present for me its a Celestron  AstroMaster 130 and I have a CELESTRON 94307-CGL Astromaster Accessory Kit.

I am going to use a Canon 250d Dslr but not sure what I will need to attach my camera to the scope to shoot the moon n hi-res.

Any help welcome.

The accessory kit includes a barlow lens with t-thread.  To this add a t-ring. Most reflectors won't come in to focus with a camera attached, the camera's sensor is too far from the point of focus to achieve this. The barlow lens has the effect of moving the point of focus outwards so that the telescope will reach focus with a camera.