Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunt engineering bino collimation

A40farinagolf

I have a pair of Lunt Engineering 100mm 45 degree APO binoculars and I'm struggling to get the 2 images to merge together.

I tried them on Saturn tonight with a variety of good quality eyepieces at different magnifications with and without my reading glasses but no joy.

Varying the inter pupillary distance also made no difference.

Is it a job that's do-able from home with the right kit or do I need to send them away - if yes who to please?

Thanks in advance,

M

All I could find was this:

http://r2.astro-foren.com/index.php/de/10-beitraege/02-ed-optiken-halb-apos-und-frauenhofer-systeme/677-b045-02-how-to-collimate-a-apm-100-bino

I've never done that job but I assume an extremely distant lamp can act as an artificial star. The parallax with a target several kilometers away has to be negligible.

9 hours ago, Ben the Ignorant said:

All I could find was this:

http://r2.astro-foren.com/index.php/de/10-beitraege/02-ed-optiken-halb-apos-und-frauenhofer-systeme/677-b045-02-how-to-collimate-a-apm-100-bino

I've never done that job but I assume an extremely distant lamp can act as an artificial star. The parallax with a target several kilometers away has to be negligible.

Thanks - an interesting article that I'll read in detail and will then consider my options.