Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Andyb90

Does Small Temperature Difference Between Lights and Darks Matter?

Hi all,

I was trying to do some darks last night. My lights were taken on Saturday at -20, but I struggled to cool to -20 last night as my rig was in doors due to rain. The best I could get was -18.

Is it ok to have a 2 degree difference between lights and darks or do I really need to ensure the darks are exactly the same temperature as lights to get the best out of calibration?

Andy.

Doubt it will matter but some calibration software gets shirty if the Fits fie entries don't match exactly, necessitates batch editing them all.

Dave

• Like 1

I’m new to pixinsight so probably me but in a week i havent got it to complete.

it always complains for various reasons about my darks unable to calibrate. I’ll try setting the temp exactly the same and waiting until it gets there next time. Fingers crossed. Thanks guys. Asi294mc pro. Trying osc this time coming from mono world and no joy so far...at all.

8CF805D3-DAC8-48A2-893D-C6E5ABF9AA7E.jpeg