Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M57 Wide field

rodrigol

M57 in widefield with a C11 EDGE HD + 0.7 FR + ASI1600MC. 60s x 9 with calibrations frames from my library. Stacked on DSS and processed in PI. I did struggled to get the colours right and you can see this in the neighboring stars. 

Autosave002_ABE.thumb.jpg.bf18bee091571dad477cf0858ec37d94.jpg

Enjoy and as always comments are welcome!

R:)

• Like 8

Very nice.  This little [removed word] is BRIGHT!  I tried this with a refractor and it didn't take long before it was a searing white spot.  This looks delicate and very realistic.  Was your focus spot on?  At full resolution the stars look a bit fizzier than they should.  I have teh same scope and it can produce "refractor like" stars.  I would try a bit of fine scale sharpening on the ring.

Rodd

• Thanks 1

Hi Rodd, 

Thanks for looking! You are right, the stars are a bit mishshaped. A bad tracking frame got through and into the stack. Focus could be a bit off as well. I didn't refocus after an almost full RA revolution. First frames looked good before I left the session carry on its own. I'm going to see if I can correct the stack and try smart scale sharpening as you suggest. 

Thanks for the support, 

R. 

On 17/09/2019 at 01:25, rodrigol said:

Hi Rodd, 

Thanks for looking! You are right, the stars are a bit mishshaped. A bad tracking frame got through and into the stack. Focus could be a bit off as well. I didn't refocus after an almost full RA revolution. First frames looked good before I left the session carry on its own. I'm going to see if I can correct the stack and try smart scale sharpening as you suggest. 

Thanks for the support, 

R. 

I sometimes leave the rig running and go to bed (careful to make sure there wont be a tripod collision!).  Almost without fail, the last hour or two is ruined by focus drift, so I understand completely.  there is a temperature compensation feature in my focus controller, but it has to be modeled using a 5 degree C temp change and I rarely get swings that high in the night.  Between 3 and dawn is when it happens.

Rodd

• Like 1