SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My homemade GoTo

Vroobel

Has become. I've made another YouTube video showing my GoTo system before and in action.

Unfortunately, the night sky above my head can be placed on the 8th position on the Bortle scale (1 - best, 9 - worst), so I used multiple systems to see something at all. In addition, I have recently been the owner of a Sony Nex-6 camera and I cannot yet set everything right. I just didn't have time to play with the camera and put the material together for YouTube.

As you can see in the film, I recorded my system's display and the picture in the mirror's focus at one time, and because I was doing this maneuver for the first time, it took a while. I have to invest in a newer computer and paid video editing software. Kdenlive is great, because it's free, but not without errors, which have caused strong sweats on my body several times ...

I hope that the sense of the project has been showed well enough to be properly understood by people embedded in the subject. The project is open, so I encourage you to comments and suggestions - I really need them. I am an absolute amateur and I did all this in just over 2 years after purchasing the telescope, largely with your help. Thanks to Krzysztof B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47WS1T9_UbI

Tomasz

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 3

Thanks! This is first silent movie since long time, several previous ones were too noisy, right? :D No problem. But it's not easy to record the silent footage with kids playing in garden. :)

Edited by Vroobel

Brilliant idea! 🇬🇧 / Genialy pomysl! 🇵🇱

My only concern though is the exposed 240V mains supply and equipment... are you planning to enclose them in something? ...water [plus other liquids] and electricity makes for a shocking cocktail! :eek:

12 hours ago, Vroobel said:

I can think about it, you are right. But I have another solution decreasing the risk:

https://astrovroobel.wordpress.com/2018/09/07/zasilanie-wyjazdowe/

Please use the Google Translate, because it's in Polish. :)

That looks a bit safer! :icon_salut:

Edited by Philip R