SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

90€ price cut on APM's 12x50 ED apo

While looking at APM's binoculars for other reasons I stumbled upon this fresh offer (wasn't there yesterday):

https://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/apm-highlights/binoculars/binoculars-50mm/apm-ed-apo-12-x-50-magnesium-series-binoculars.html?info=13672

I just reviewed the 10x50 and it's splendid. Bought it more than two weeks ago but the first moonwatch was only two nights ago because of the usual reasons; compared to the classic armored 10x50 achro, center was sharper, more contrasty, brighter and whiter with almost non-existent flaring. Edge of the achro made a slightly elongated Moon with obvious green and purple fringes, and quite a noticeable loss of resolution; two ghost images of the full Moon when it's a bit off-center. Edge of apo keeps the Moon's shape, almost no loss of sharpness, and fringing is much, much narrower and that much fainter.

Edited by Ben the Ignorant
  • Like 2

On 14/09/2019 at 21:36, Ben the Ignorant said:

Oberwerk and Tecnosky make interesting giant binoculars and binoscopes, maybe you can find one that suits your budget.

I don't know about Tecnosky, but Oberwerk don't, as far as I know, make binoculars; they merely have their brand put on ones made (mostly) by United Optics.