SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M27 under a full moon - 13-09-2019

fwm891

I've downloaded the APP Trial and trying to get my head around it's adjustments. Even now with this image I've headed for PS to get it a little nearer (Moon didn't help).

ASI294NC Pro, AA115EDT-APO, CEM60 Std.

APP + PS

3x 600s, 4x 300s, 8x 120s  Gain 122 offset 30

M27_RGB-image_APP_crop.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, alan potts said:

I like the image Francis but feel it has more in there with a bit of reduction in the brightness, the centre of M27 is a little washed out and the background sky it a bit bright. I accept it is purely personal taste.

Alan

Agree Alan - It was my first real trial with APP which I found 'awkward' but quite liked it anyway. Will do another process in PI to compare. APP does clean up amp glow much better than PI which I have also struggled with. Amp glow is the main reason for trying different image process software...

Edited by fwm891

1 hour ago, fwm891 said:

Agree Alan - It was my first real trial with APP which I found 'awkward' but quite liked it anyway. Will do another process in PI to compare. APP does clean up amp glow much better than PI which I have also struggled with. Amp glow is the main reason for trying different image process software...

Now I have my IR/UV filter I may play with the 071 tonight, my mate has just deliver a rather nice S/H 28 inch screen for the obsey, so do you go away I could be needing help with my IT skill. I am not too bad in PS as I have been using it a long time. All these other programs I never have been able to get on with and keep coming back to PS. There is a very useful section using either select colour or highlights, then checking Select and Mask.  It is a wonderful tool, Astro Backyard did a tutorial on it, worth a look.

Alan

Alan - I added a few more subs to the other M27 data last night before high cloud spoilt things.

I processed this one in PI

M27_Int_Driz.jpg

The second image (now reprocess to remove blue veil) has been further processed in PS: I've duplicated the colour layer, applied B&W mode to the lower layer and changed it's blending mode to luminance. Then applied clipping masks to level/curves/saturation until happy.

M27_Int_Driz3.jpg

Edited by fwm891
text and image added