SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Heart Nebula (IC1805) from last night.

tooth_dr

This is the result of last nights imaging run below

In total I captured 72 x 600s (12 hours) in Ha, using KAF-8300 based cameras ATIK383L+ and QHY9M.  Scopes were ED80s, side by side arrangement, on an EQ6, guided with a finderguider and ASI120MM (old model).

I used Baader 7nm Ha and Optolong 7nm Ha filters.  The data was processed in APP and PS.

If anyone feels like comparing the filters separately I would be very happy to post a raw or stack of each of them.  It might be a useful comparison (same sensor, same scope, same skies).

I will add Oiii and Sii and more Ha to this, as I really like the details going on.  The guiding isn't perfect and according to Metcheck, the seeing was 8 (which is bad) and the moon was out.

Comments and advice, as always more than welcome.

CS

Adam.

IC1805-alldata-lowst.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 8

30 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Very nice Adam, look forward to seeing the completed image.  Will you be getting any RGB?

Dave

Cheers Dave. It depends on the weather/moon. I seem to have bad luck with RGB between focusing issues and wherever. I think my plan is Oiii and Sii and try that first.  I’m taking a few subs now but I suspect the patchy clouds might interfere. 

2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Lovely detail there Adam. Great to take advantage of the clear sky with your dual rig. Did you get out again last night? Two clear nights in a row here in East Cork. Pity the moon was so bright.

Thanks Richard. Lovely and clear but boy the moon was bright last nights. I did Sii and Oiii last night. Pretty pointless but I just wanted to try my first image in SHO, even if data is poor.  

16 minutes ago, dave_galera said:

Another smart looking image Adam....SHO maybe?

Yes 100% that is the plan. I ironed our some tilt issues with one scope last couple of nights. Spacing isn’t 100%, but can’t be more than 1/2mm in it.