Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another seagull - NGC 2327

Kinch

Since I have been a little late to the party....I am guessing that perhaps there will be no objection to putting up images here that are not exactly new - but are new to this forum; meaning some may not have seen them before.

This particular one is my favourite because everything just came together right. It is a mix of 40% narrow band data with 60% broadband data. Data is from March last year and full info @ http://www.kinchastro.com/ngc-2327-seagull-nebula-hasho.html

What I like: the detail from the NB filters mixed with the colour from the BB filters. The conditions were good and the stars just shine nice in RGB colours. Putting things together in a 40/60 mix was fun and even over a year later, I still enjoy looking close in on this image. I hope you will too.

Kinch.

final_.4nb_.6rgb.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice Kinch, this is a lovely image, and a bit too low in the UK, but I did manage to get it from East Sussex a couple of years ago. 

The use of the broadband colours has toned down the typical Hubble palette colours, and of course added to the star colour.  If I get another opportunity I might do the same.

Carole 

Thanks Carole. For me in SE Spain....I have some advantage on you for this one!

This and Thor's Helmet were two targets that always fascinated me - I think because they were very 'early on' targets when I started imaging. Agree 100%....this area looks so different in "just" Narrow Band....perhaps one of the reasons I like this image myself....I can see 1st hand, what playing around with the data can achieve.  I did not like pure RGB - I did like the NB ....but I love the mix  😍.

Kinch.