Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Criermike

New to astronomy and starting here

I have taken up this wonderful hobby in the last month, but clouds and an operation on my hand, means that I have not actually looked at the sky with anything but the naked eye thus far. The operation means that I cannot lift/hold the telescope or hold binos. However, all being well, that should change next week (with regard to holding things that is) and I intend to start with the moon for the foreseeable (pardon the pun) future and the Lunar 100 list. Given the other posts here and on the rest of the forum, I reckon that should keep me going for around a year.

• Like 5

Hello Mike, hope the operation was a success, nothing worse than having to sit it out,

having said that, the weather has been rubbish here, you are right to target our Moon,

it gives you plenty of practise, the Lunar 100 is good fun, as you said it can take a while

to complete, hope your hand recovers soon, enjoy.

Clear Sky's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronl said:

Hello Mike, hope the operation was a success, nothing worse than having to sit it out,

having said that, the weather has been rubbish here, you are right to target our Moon,

it gives you plenty of practise, the Lunar 100 is good fun, as you said it can take a while

to complete, hope your hand recovers soon, enjoy.

Clear Sky's.

Thank you. Dressing off and stitches out next week, but there are 2 wires running through the bones for 4 weeks after that, so have to see what happens when the stitches come out.

Hope you are able to observe soon, there's plenty to see on the moon!

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you have been in the war's, but good news you are on the mend. Thats the good thing about the stars and planets - they will always be there waiting for us!! Good to hear from someone from my old neck of the woods as well! I live in Derby, but hale from Wroxham!

All the best for the stitches etc coming out!!

Edited by Nigeyboy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Nigeyboy said:

Sorry to hear you have been in the war's, but good news you are on the mend. Thats the good thing about the stars and planets - they will always be there waiting for us!! Good to hear from someone from my old neck of the woods as well! I live in Derby, but hale from Wroxham!

All the best for the stitches etc coming out!!

Thank you, Tuesday cannot come soon enough. The way things are going at the moment, Tuesday will see thick clouds! But patience is a virtue, so I’m told.