Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC1499 - 300s HOO - unguided

Adreneline

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to see how far I can push my new iOptron CEM25-EC taking unguided subs using my Samyang 135mm + ASI1600MM-Pro.

This is NGC1499 - 80 minutes of Ha and OIII all 300s subs, gain 139, offset 56, unguided following a manual polar alignment using only the built in polarscope.

NGC1499-HOO-300s_unguided.thumb.jpg.7e8230ed028a3e04d8708d59c24d6aac.jpg

Conditions were far from ideal as there was a 97% moon spoiling the OIII, nevertheless, the star shapes don't look too bad considering there is no guiding.

Pre-processed in APP, post-processed in PI with a final tweak to the colour in PS.

Thanks for looking and as ever all comments good or bad are welcome.

Adrian

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, alan potts said:

next try 12 SC 3048mm

I think that might just exceed the payload limit - and my bank balance limit - sadly both by some considerable margin.

I'm trying to go the minimalist route but may well have to concede to the need to guide.

Adrian

I like the design of these mount, I feel if I were to get on it may be the basic model of either the CEM 60 or 120, as I have just recently spent 500 quid on new guiding kit and have a spare set of scopes and camera to do likewise. These are not worth the cost of trying to sell in the Uk and here the market is either almost give away or keep it. That looks like a winner for you though, a very nice capture too if I may say.

Alan

• Thanks 1

On 12/09/2019 at 10:37, alan potts said:

I like the design of these mount, I feel if I were to get on it may be the basic model of either the CEM 60 or 120, as I have just recently spent 500 quid on new guiding kit and have a spare set of scopes and camera to do likewise. These are not worth the cost of trying to sell in the Uk and here the market is either almost give away or keep it. That looks like a winner for you though, a very nice capture too if I may say.

Alan

I cant recommend them enough .. I like the build quaility, design and performance 

I have the CEM60 EC , and next week pick up a  secondhand 25 to use with a TS65Q scope .. 

i would love the 120 EC2 but can't justify the cost .. but who knows , I may win the lottery 😉

Nice Image Adrian ..  job well done

Edited by Brian28
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1