SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What eye piece/s

I won’t recommend brand names cause many others here can suggest name brands but i might mention sizes . That particular scope should handle high power pretty easy . I would suggest anything from 18mm and up with the use of a good 2x or more barlow . I have a Stellarvue AT1010 (80mm) i use at times with Celestron Ultimas that are discontinued now but i have 18mm, 10mm and 7.5mm  used along with a 2x Ultima barlow which all give great views ! Can’t remember the eye relief size but they are very comfortable . I wear glasses but when scoping i take them off for best views . Good luck finding some good EPs’ , i know many here will suggest some very good brands and sizes . 

I might add i also use a Celestron 32mm Plossi with the 2x barlow and it gives great views also ! 

Edited by celestron8g8

Anything that says or spells out T e l e V u e... :icon_salut:

My TeleVue eyepices are...

• 13mm, 11mm & 8mm Plossl
  • 13mm Nagler / Type 1 & Type 6
  • 3-6mm Nagler zoom
  • 6mm Radian

I have and use these other banded e/p's as well...

• Meade 26mm & 20mm Plossl
  • Meade 8.8mm UWA (series 4000)
  • SkyWatcher Apex 28mm
  • Circle-T 12.5mm & 6mm Ortho
  • Fullerscopes 6mm Ortho (0.965" with 1.25" adaptor)

...and these unbranded e/p's, (via AstroBoot)...

• 18mm WA 
  • 7-21mm zoom 

Most are used with a TeleVue Ranger, Celestron C6 & 're-modded' Meade ETX105.

TV_RANGER_G.JPG.4b2dd28ba1bed30aae47119698858f49.JPGskywatcher_28mm.jpg.dff31e7528e397a7d80eb6dd0a22f727.jpg

note: exclude the TV Ranger/SW Apex combination... 

...the TV Ranger only accepts 1.25" e/p's & accessories and the SW Apex is 2" 

Edited by Philip R
added images.
  • Like 1

There are many good options. It all depends on what you are looking for. How much would you like to spend? How much eye relief you want/need? Do you observe with glasses? Do you prefer a zoom or single focal length eyepieces. How wide of a field do you want?

I would start with getting 2" diagonal if it doesn't come with one, 2" Wide filed eyepiece in the 30-40mm range, a zoom eyepiece and a quality 2x barlow. That will get you covered from low to high power until you figure out what your preferences are and have a better ideas what eyepieces will suit you best. 

If you buy used you can swap later at minimal loss.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

that's the same scope as the meade version

thers a lot good brands meade celestron badder tele vue etc

each of those have 3 to 6 lines of eps all vary in price

what you need a is a low power like a 32mm 2" ep for low power 25x

then 1.25 26mm ep 31x                                                                                                               with the barlow it becomes a 13mm ep 62x

10mm 1.25 ep 80x                                                                                                                        with   barlow its a 5mm ep 160x

8mm for high power may not use it all the time due to sky conditions tho 100x                       with barlow 200x

2x barlow good quality 3 element 

Don't know what your budget is but I would consider the Baader Hyperion Zoom. Might appear expensive but it's a good quality zoom giving you 5 eps in one at 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24mm and combined with a barlow further increases your options

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Don't know what your budget is but I would consider the Baader Hyperion Zoom. Might appear expensive but it's a good quality zoom giving you 5 eps in one at 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24mm and combined with a barlow further increases your options

Thats a good call if observing is just part of your plan. My only reservation with the zoom is it's limited field of view at 24mm so you might want a 30/32mm fixed focal length eyepiece as well for those wider vistas. With a decent 2x barlow lens you would be set up for most observing circumstances then.

12 minutes ago, John said:

My only reservation with the zoom is it's limited field of view at 24mm so you might want a 30/32mm fixed focal length eyepiece as well for those wider vistas. With a decent 2x barlow lens you would be set up for most observing circumstances then.

Totally agree