Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Starwiz

Cartes du Ciel and APT not working together

Recommended Posts

My setup has been working fine for the last couple of months, but now the mount won't connect to both at the same time.   If I connect to APT to the mount first, then CdC won't connect and vice versa.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't CdC connect to the mount for positioning and APT to the camera for imaging, with (for example) an APT connection to a PHD2 guiding program server for dithering? Perhaps your setup works in a different way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try running APT as administrator. It has a habit of not playing ball sometimes and running as administrator sometimes sorts it. Also try connection cdc and apt to the eqmod simulator and then back onto the ASCOM HEQ5/6 option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you using Ascom/EQMod to connect to your mount, if so have you tried POTH Hub as that works fine for me with APT and CDC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bobro said:

Doesn't CdC connect to the mount for positioning and APT to the camera for imaging, with (for example) an APT connection to a PHD2 guiding program server for dithering? Perhaps your setup works in a different way?

It's under the GEAR tab - CONNECT SCOPE.  It needs to be connected to the mount for Plate Solving as well as dithering.  It can also slew to an object using APT.  This all happens via the EQMOD software.  APT also connects to the PHD2 guiding, but all the mount control goes via EQMOD.  (That's the way I think it works 😀)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dinglem said:

Are you using Ascom/EQMod to connect to your mount, if so have you tried POTH Hub as that works fine for me with APT and CDC.

Yes.  I've tried POTH Hub for APT but it won't connect at all with that for me.  I have to use the EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6 option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Try running APT as administrator. It has a habit of not playing ball sometimes and running as administrator sometimes sorts it. Also try connection cdc and apt to the eqmod simulator and then back onto the ASCOM HEQ5/6 option. 

Thanks, that could be a good shout.  I thought I was running it as Administrator, but have just checked the shortcut and the 'Run as Administrator' tick box has become unchecked.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starwiz said:

Thanks, that could be a good shout.  I thought I was running it as Administrator, but have just checked the shortcut and the 'Run as Administrator' tick box has become unchecked.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks

John

Confirmed, it was the APT 'Run as Administrator' box not ticked.  😀

I can only think it's been reset somehow, perhaps due to one of the updates that's come through in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks again.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.