Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

ScouseSpaceCadet

Autumn Astrocamp Brecon. 21-24 Sept.

I've bought two tickets for Brecon Autumn Astrocamp, likely dragging along my long suffering better half for hopefully three nights of dark sky delights!

I'll probably be travelling light, with just the Startravel 120 and eyepieces etc, but I may give in and pack the Dob.

Anyone else going?

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 1

I'm planning to go (it'll be my 11th camp), though there is an element of doubt starting to creep in ... Anyway, got all my fingers crossed :) 

This will be my 14th.  Missed the very first (which had clear skies for the entire camp - TYPICAL!) for a wedding and one other when I was was stargazing in Namibia (so I was running the AstroCamp Southern Hemisphere branch).  Always great fun, even if the weather does not always play ball.

57 minutes ago, DirkSteele said:

Always great fun, even if the weather does not always play ball.

I was led to believe Astrocamp came with a 'clear skies guarantee' ... :)

32 minutes ago, kev100 said:

I was led to believe Astrocamp came with a 'clear skies guarantee' ... :)

haha.  I believe you will find in very small print on the welcome pack (think font size 2) there are no guarantees!

• Haha 1

I'm also going this year, in fact my first year and my first star party.  Taking my imaging rig for sure, and trying to decide on my evostar 120 or 200p for visual if space allows.

Rob

Thanks for the replies. A slight spanner has been thrown into the works, but we should still be going...

If you see me please say hello. Just look out for the curly hair, moustache and shell suit.

• Haha 1