Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Brian28

COMPLETED - Baarder corrector and filter Draw - SOLD

I used this on my Newt that I no longer have .. 

it consists of a Baarder coma MPCC Mk III , screwed to a Baarder UFC 2" filter draw assembly .. 

i used this with my QHY163C which has an M42 thread .. and it worked fine , this  allowed me to use a light pollution filter .. easily changeable during an imaging session without disturbing the camera . 

the Baarder correctors are £130 and the UFC filter draw are £130 .. Seperatly  

Both items are mint ! ..  

So looking for £170 the pair .. inc postage in the 🇬🇧 UK  

IMG_4377.JPG

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4379.JPG

IMG_4380.JPG

Edited by Brian28

20 minutes ago, Raph-in-the-sky said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that FLO sells the UFC base for £54 ... not £130. https://www.firstlightoptics.com/baader-filters/baader-ufc-universal-filter-changer-system.html

I think that you need to buy both the base (£54) and the filter slider (£44), and maybe some other bits. I had some thoughts of buying a Baader coma corrector and filter slider, but was put off because I found it confusing trying to work out which bits you actually needed to buy, and instead went for the ES version, which comes with the eyepiece holder as standard. 

John

Edited by johnturley
  • Like 1

Hi , Apology accepted ✅

The filter draw is an assembly  , you need to buy the Base unit , a front plate , a rear plate and the filter draw itself , which equates to £130 , then you need to by a screw adapter which was £20 .. 

..   thanks Brian 

Edited by Brian28
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brian28 said:

Hi , thanks for jumping in before finding out the facts 😉

The filter draw is an saaembly , you need to buy the Base unit , a front plate , a rear plate and the filter draw itself , which equates to £130 , then you need to by a screw adapter which was £20 .. 

..   thanks Brian 

That's exactly what put me off in the first place.

John 

1 minute ago, johnturley said:

That's exactly what put me off in the first place.

John 

It did take some working out TBH , and 365Astronomy were helpful in taking a couple of items back 😂

But it was worth it once sorted. ..   👍

• Like 1

i would be interested, but how much does it add to the back focus?  with the Baader click lock, my DSLR is almost touching the focuser tube .. 

thanks

Mike

4 minutes ago, mikeyj1 said:

i would be interested, but how much does it add to the back focus?  with the Baader click lock, my DSLR is almost touching the focuser tube .. 

thanks

Mike

Hi Mike , the filter draw is 15.8mm thick .. and I have attached  the back focus drawing of the Corrector. 

As you can see there is plenty to play with .. 

i also have a canon camera adapter if your interested . 

I would say you would need a spacer between the filter draw and the camera , which are available from FLO or 365 .. to adapt to the DSLR .. 

If you buy this , and you can't sort out the Sizes , I can do it for you if you wish .. just need to know what camera your using .. 

IMG_4388.JPG

IMG_4389.JPG

IMG_4390.JPG

1 hour ago, mikeyj1 said:

thanks

Mike

Hi Mike , I don't think this will fit your DSLR ....  Backfocus I believe on the canon is 44mm 

so 44 mm + 15.8mm for the Filter Draw = 59.8mm. And the backfocus required for the Baarder is 55 or 57 depending if the thin nut is used .. 

so at best it's out 2.8mm ☹️

The filter holder would be too close the the camera body as well , I think it would interfere..    

thanks for your interest though ..  was a good excercise and may help others on here .. ✅ 

Regards Brian 

Edited by Brian28
  • Thanks 1

thanks for the message Brian, it's much appreciated that you took the time to consider this.  I'm glad I asked.  Here are a couple of pics of my setup...and looking at your drawing i am a couple of mm short on the mpcc to sensor distance!

Good luck with the sale

Mike

mpcc3.jpg

click lock.jpg

Edited by mikeyj1

14 minutes ago, mikeyj1 said:

thanks for the message Brian, it's much appreciated that you took the time to consider this.  I'm glad I asked.  Here are a couple of pics of my setup...and looking at your drawing i am a couple of mm short on the mpcc to sensor distance!

Good luck with the sale

Mike

mpcc3.jpg

click lock.jpg

No problem .. 

It does look that way ..  

44 for the canon + 10 mm for the adapter ( check yours  ) = 54 near as .. but Coma corrector should be 55 mm without the nut .. 57 with .. might be worth double checking .. 🤔

It does look like that click lock is taking up your focusing though ☹️

Brian  

Edited by Brian28

Brian,

The Canon T2 adaptor is 11mm.....this brings the distance to the standard 55mm.

8 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Brian,

The Canon T2 adaptor is 11mm.....this brings the distance to the standard 55mm.

✅

Brian

How much does the filter draw and base, plus the other bits you need, add to the light path.

In the case of my 14in Newtonian I have only about 28 mm to spare, and I suspect it will be more than this, in which case I wouldn't be able to reach focus with some eyepieces. 

John 

44 minutes ago, johnturley said:

Brian

How much does the filter draw and base, plus the other bits you need, add to the light path.

In the case of my 14in Newtonian I have only about 28 mm to spare, and I suspect it will be more than this, in which case I wouldn't be able to reach focus with some eyepieces. 

John 

15.8 mm John  👍   Pm me and I will send phone number if you wish to discuss .. 

Edited by Brian28