Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cracked , chipped lens ?

Lenscracker

My heart sank when I found my Bresser 35mm 70 series  with a chipped len ..  I have other eyepieces with cracks , etc.. 

Some lens are still good , so I wonder if I can buy other's similar eyepieces with cracked lens as well to refurbish mine.. 

Cheap lens like Plossi and others tend to be dirty inside when new, I notice.. Any disagreement? 

I doubt about Televues, or other top quality ones  so relax....

IMG_20190902_045452.jpg

Having multiple eyepieces with cracks would make me wonder if I store/handle my eyepieces properly.

I also never came across eyepiece that I would describe as dirty on the inside. I didn't have a whole lot of cheaper eyepieces, 10 total maybe. Some may have had a spec of dust or flake of paint between lenses. But nothing so bad that I would call it dirty. I am sure there are some out there as a result of poor QC of the cheaper products, but they don't tend to be this way from my experience.

• Like 1