Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC6960 The Witch's Broom / The Western Veil Nebula in HOO

eshy76

My first attempt at this beautiful part of the sky and was very happy to capture this data in one night. Another first was using Barry Wilson's "starless" processing technique for narrowband images - I hope I did the comprehensiveness of Barry's excellent tutorial justice with my attempt!

I was really gunning for a wider field of this object to capture the rich filaments in and around it. 

5.5 hours of integration using a William Optics Z73 on an iOptron CEM25P and captured with my trusty ASI1600 MM Pro + Astrodon filters. Captured in APT, pre-processed in APP and post-processed in PI.

Full details here

Thank you for looking!

NGC6960_2019_08_30_HOO_v2.png.ace90aa837924ff2595cbf3a6fd4205f.png

Edited by eshy76
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

That really is something else for 5.5 hours.  A real testament to your processing skills.  Stunning.

Thank you! I think what helped is that I shot this on a new moon night...the OIII data was really crisp....and of course Barry’s technique looks like it works for me!

• Like 1