Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
shirva

Galloway star camp

Booked up for the Galloway star camp October 30th to November 4th at dunroamin campsite,,

First star camp for myself,,be good to get to really dark skies and see what results come about,, struggling in Cumbernauld, Scotland with light pollution and living in a flat four flights up isn't fun ,, shifting kit about.

Big choice,, can't decide what kit to take lol😁

With the help of  David Millar and Danny Cameron members of astronomy Scotland Facebook group we have been working other film producers to do a short documentary on Scottish amateur astronomy and all going well should be filmed at the tenth anniversary of the star camp,,

Check out the star party section on sgl for more information

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shirva said:

Big choice,, can't decide what kit to take lol😁

You be needing a lorry to carry your kit then 🙂  Hope you enjoy it and the weather is kind.

Edited by stash_old

22 hours ago, stash_old said:

You be needing a lorry to carry your kit then 🙂  Hope you enjoy it and the weather is kind.

Cheers mate, had thought about the lorry lol,, thinking along the lines of heq5 pro,, with sw WiFi adapter controling the mount,, extension tube for the heq5 to stop me bending all the time. Lol.

Ed80 with 0.85 sw Focal reducer/flatner,, canon 600d with meikie pro grip holding double batteries,, cables to laptop running byeos and astrotoaster,, probably take the star adventurer and second canon 600d for some fun

13 hours ago, shirva said:

heq5 to stop me bending all the time

I know exactly what you mean - no joke.

canon 600d with meikie pro grip holding double batteries

I know your a "Alec" but I hope you are "decent" camera batteries - I bought some pretty crap ones in my time 😞

Ed80 with 0.85 sw Focal reducer/flatner,, canon 600d with meikie pro grip holding double batteries,, cables to laptop running byeos and astrotoaster,, probably take the star adventurer and second canon 600d for some fun

The key word being "fun" - enjoy yourself and have great number of clear night skies !

Lot's can go wrong with things,,, but if I have a camera and a tripod have a chance of at least getting a picture lol

• Like 1