+ 4 panel Mosaic for squid GSO RC + ASI 183 astrodon 5nm OIII

The exposure details are:

134 x 5 min in total for the 4 panels of the FSQ wide field

312 x 5 min in total for the 4 panels of the GSO RC Narrow field 

48692232971_256f13680c_c.jpgSquid-VS-Bat-VS-Elephant Trunk by Yves, on Flickr

Edited by vdb
  • Like 18

5 hours ago, alan potts said:

A totally stunning image you have created there. Would you tell me in brief how you join frames as a mosaic, I would like to try say the NA Neb but can't fit it into my FOV at 800mm.

Alan

One word: APP, best software to do mosaics, in this case I stacked all the FSQ frames in one stack! the GSO RC needed to be stacked in 4 different panels, the result of the panels was then stacked again in APP.

Just follow the instructions of Sara W.:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/how-to-create-a-mosaic-in-easy-steps-by-sara-wager/

/Yves

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom OD said:

That's a beauty Yves. I like the bright look and the colours of the browns are excellent.

Thanks, I hesitated to make it more dark and maybe I should up the contrast a bit, but by keeping it light it shows depth ...

Your blood sweat and tears certainly produced an excellent image. I can’t think I’ve seen them all presented in this manner before and mores the pity. 

Many people, me especially, focus in on individual objects but when you are aware of the detail and then see them aligned together gives a sense of how they all fit to our view. 👍🏼