Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guiding Star Simulator

freiform

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a guiding star simulator that lets me play around with guiding without access to the sky, i.e. cloudy, daytime, cold.. ;) ?

An app that moves a bunch of pixels with specified speed and curvature? I stumbled over Star Guiding Emulator, but cannot get it to accept any changes to its settings. Without proper screen size/resolution, simulation won't work properly. I only can get the simulated star to move straight across the screen.

I probably could set up one mount for the purpose, while examining the other, but then I wouldn't know what effect(s) to attribut to which mount.

Any ideas?

Sven

Well, something's not right. The Software says 1.0.0.20, the manual that was packaged with the programm says 1.1. And it gives a procedure that I can not follow as buttons appear to be missing (e.g. the show button). Maybe they mixed up versions.