Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from UK.

Steenamaroo

Hello all,

New member here, trying to learn what I can before making any moves.

I have no telescope/night-sky experience, but I have a little bit of knowledge of regular photography cameras/lenses etc.
I have a notion of building an 8" dob so I'm keeping an eye out for used mirrors right now.

I'm one of those where the DIY is half the fun and part of me is thinking of throwing a few relays/motors/belts and a raspberry pi with cam at it,
with a web interface for full remote control, but that's jumping quite far ahead.

I *think* I'm looking for 8" f6 after considering weight/mobility and realistic ranges of magnification/exit pupil etc, but welcome any corrections or suggestions! 😛

Trying to learn as much as I can about all the facts+figures, and their relationships and importance..Everything's subject to change.

Will be doing a lot more reading than writing, but it'd be rude not to say hello. :)

Edited by Steenamaroo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Steenamaroo said:

Looking at the classifieds it seems like mirrors don't come up all that often.
Is it OK to post a wanted as a new member?

+ Thanks @sloz1664 and @Pete Presland

I think you are ok to post a wanted advert there, but you need 50 posts to sell an item. 

Edited by Pete Presland