Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Piero

Twilight session

I'm currently on my annual leave in Italy and the sky has been clear all day with no air turbulence.

The telescope is out - of course - and I managed a session before dinner.

I thought about sharing some photos taken with my phone and a couple of sketches.

IMG_20190905_141221.thumb.jpg.fa64d6ddb966ed1bd075b5148a1b57d3.jpg

IMG_20190905_193823.thumb.jpg.7d8b9ac4b7b56b3733643e0f95aecbb7.jpg

IMG_20190905_193937.thumb.jpg.f7f65f4cdd5ef2bcb01ad794edeed25b.jpg

IMG_20190905_202210.thumb.jpg.b744d731ea34b42b0ca40b9dfcebf090.jpg

IMG_20190905_202231.thumb.jpg.d9cc4217dbbaf891a20e638e604535dd.jpg

Edited by Piero
  • Like 9

Lovely, looks like a fabulous location Piero, impressive images and neat little thumb nail sketches, enjoy your evening. 

• Thanks 1

Gorgeous setting and some pretty niffty pics and sketches, Piero :thumbright: I hope you have a good break with your loved ones, not to say some really tasty grub and wine 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thank you gentlemen! I will take advantage of this clear evening as rain is expected tomorrow!

Wish you clear skies in the UK!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mikeyscope
      This planetary grouping from 20th March around 5.30am shows Saturn to the left with conjunction of Jupiter above & Mars below, sharp eyed may also see...  Io, Ganymede & Callisto in a string just right of Jupiter.
      Image taken from Lesmahagow, South Lanarkshire looking toward the SE.
      Pentax K1 / Pentax 67  165mm lens / Exp. 2 secs @f8 / iso 200
      Ioptron tracker at siderial.

• By johnno0015
      An image created by the NASA visualisation studio of what a lunar eclipse would look like from the surface of the moon! Pretty cool right? If you want to get a better understanding of what is happening and why, you can checkout this article HERE which goes into the theory behind it all and also shows you what a solar eclipse would look like from the surface of the moon. 

• By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      yesterday evening after doing the sketch of the three-day old moon, we had a wonderful twilight scene with Venus and the Moon over here.
      So I did a pastel sketch how I recalled it afterwards:

Clear skies!
      Achim
    • By JoshHopk
      Hello all,
      This is my first post on SL, so please correct me if I have started this topic in the wrong place. I am also relatively new to astrophotography, so please ignore my naivety!
      I had some clear skies last week, so decided to do some lunar imaging with my new(ish) ASI224MC. I captured my frames in SharpCap as RAW24 AVI files, stacked in AS!2 and processed in Registax and Photoshop. When i got to sharpening in Photoshop, I noticed a sort of mosaic pattern over the image, which took away from some of the detail, and really ruined the image the more I sharpened. I did a quick search and it turned up with 'debayering'. This is a completely new concept to me and all of my attempts didn't seem to improve the image at all (perhaps I was debayering in the wrong order?). I have attached some images and also my some of my SharpCap settings in case they are of help.  
      COLOUR SPACE: RAW24
      CAPTURE ARE: 1304x976
      OUTPUT FORMAT: AVI files (*.avi)
      EXPOSURE: 0.29ms
      GAIN: 282
      Thank you in advance
      Regards, Josh.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.