Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bubble with additional data.

ollypenrice

A while back I posted a Bubble in HaOIIIRGB. When our present guests decided to employ the dual TEC 140 on this target I added new data, viz:

RGB 1 hour per colour up to 3 hours per colour. The new data had better seeing, hence smaller stars, a big help.

5 hours of Lum. A mixed blessing because L stars tend to be large, but I applied the L over the Bubble to enhance details.

Ha went from 6 hours to 11, the new data being from the Gnomus' 5nm Astrodon. The original was Baader 7nm. The 5nm is more contrasty and has smaller stars but I wasn't able to extract much more detail. I think we're limited here by seeing and optical resolution.

OIII from 1.2 hours to 6.2. This brought more small details and colour separation within the Bubble itself.

To be honest, you'd have to be an astrophotographer to notice much improvement - but we are astrophotographers!  :BangHead:

This is a crop but at full resolution.

1499508139_HaOIIILRGBBubblewebcrop.thumb.jpg.209a5e37c993d3e90f0d0eecc0a547fb.jpg

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
Typo
  • Like 31

Very kind comments, folks. Thanks. It's been a stressful week with a trip to Marseille yesterday and today for my Citizenship application interview (or ours, since Monique was also interviewed.) It seems that I met their requirements so, with luck, I won't get turfed out of the country before I can finish my next image!!!

I reckon I'm ready for my monthly moonlight break...

:Dlly

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Don't want to burst your bubble Olly but just wait 'till you try to get back into the UK 😂

Dave

'I wouldn't care to belong to any club or society which would accept me as a member...'  :D  (is this the greatest one-liner of all time? I think it might be...)

But top marks on 'bursting bubbles.'  Very good....

😁lly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

It seems that I met their requirements so, with luck, I won't get turfed out of the country before I can finish my next image!!!

:Dlly

Olly, I hope that all goes well for you and Monique. The French authorities only need to check your reputation here on SGL to realise what an asset they have residing in their country. 

• Thanks 1