Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Omni Barlow 2x first light

After few days with funny clouds and some haze in the night sky, i can try at last my new Barlow. I was little worried about the chromatism that sometimes the barlow lens ad to the views, but i don, t see any chromatism at all. I try it on Jupiter, Saturn, Moon and simply scanning some star fields, and everything looks perfect to my eyes. The 1.5x feature, that is achieved simply threading the optical group of the barlow (the black piece) into the filter thread of the eyepiece converts it into 3 possibilities: In the case of 25mm super plossl, i have 48x (eyepiece alone), 72x (optic part threaded), and 96x (full barlow). I don.t see any image degradation. In my 10mm ep, the full barlow gives 240x,nice on Jupiter and Saturn. The only thing is that the eye relief of the ep is too tight. I need another ep in that magnification with better eye relief and big lenses too look thru. The thread of the 10mm don.t accept the optical group, maybe the thread in the ep has something damaged, i don.t use it never before. Now, i just need to add 2 or 3 ep to my set, to have one low power widefield, and maybe an 8mm,and 6mm for high powers. I know that is not a spectacular first light, but is my first oneπŸ™‚πŸ™‚.

IMG_20190823_103843.jpg

IMG_20190822_164445.jpg