Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Polarscope illumination suddenly very dim

almcl

Does anyone have an idea of the spec for the LED that illuminates the polar scope reticule on the Skywatcher mounts (mine is specifically the AZ EQ6) ?

Reason for the query is that the other night when I looked through the polarscope , instead of the nicely illuminated red field with reticule, it was very dark.

Today I tried turning the LED brightness up to 100% (it's normally on 30% which is been adequate till now) and although with the polar scope removed I can see the LED shining with a fairly dim red glow, it doesn't seem to change much, however one resets the LED brightness.

While this isn't a major problem, it would be nice to get it back to working properly again.

Any thoughts on what could have caused this sudden loss of brightness (I am assuming it's something to do with the LED) and how to restore it would be gratefully received.

Edited by almcl