Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rubbish Photos!

Pics of Jupiter, Venus and the moon. These were taken with a bridge and a tripod that wouldn't lock completely and no cable release! But it was worth a try, just don't zoom in! They've been reduced anyway! I'm now going to indulge in a new tripod and a cable release!

Can anyone suggest a good all-round cable release that can be used with any camera?

Alexxx

10756_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

10757_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

10758_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I agree, nothing rubbish about them. You moved the camera to get the framing just right for the two widefield shots, amd they are very nice indeed. Stop selling yourself short young lady.

The moon shows earthshine, but at the expense of lunar detail, which is to be expected of course.

Is this a digital camera you are using? I didn't know you could use a shutter release cable with a dslr.

Ron. :D

Nice Alex, well taken. Have you used the self timer, this can do away with needing a remote shutter release ?

Search for "Universal Cable Release For Digital Cameras" in

http://www.sherwoods-photo.com/meade_scopes/digital_mounts_fs.htm

It's about half way down.

Doh!! I did actually think about that a while back and then, in inimitable style, I forgot!

Thanks for all your luvverly comments. I've gone all gooey! :D

Archived