Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD2 and OAG and coma corrector calculation?

ebdons

Hi, not sure if this is an issue for PHD2, but my ES coma corrector increases the focal length of my newt by 0.6 percent? is it % or some other measurement? My scope has 812mm focal length, I'm not sure about the maths when putting in the specs when using an OAG and how much increase in FL do I put into the PHD2 specs. is there an equation to determine that or will PHD2 behave ok without the updated FL. ton

10 minutes ago, ebdons said:

Hi, not sure if this is an issue for PHD2, but my ES coma corrector increases the focal length of my newt by 0.6 percent? is it % or some other measurement? My scope has 812mm focal length, I'm not sure about the maths when putting in the specs when using an OAG and how much increase in FL do I put into the PHD2 specs. is there an equation to determine that or will PHD2 behave ok without the updated FL. ton

Shouldn't the increase in the focal length be 6% (48.72mm) and not 0.6% (4.872mm) ?  

Hi thanks for the quick response, I may have read the specs wrong on the ES CC as it stated that reduction factor was 1.06 percent is it? so 6% would make sense then, I'm using a lodestar x2 mono and it should be binned but I will check. thanks ton

Yes, it's the opticstar version but they are the same as I took the primary off and is was written in pencil on the backside "PN208" ES/18,  is it a good scope then? seems pretty good so far, I just got rid of the stupid secondary collimation crap and fitted it back with the same secondary mirror with a custom spider arrangement and now it stays in collimation for months even when I move it off and around the place. just need some clear skies to test it out now. ton

Hi all, this is the setup I think will work with a SX OAG from my filter wheel and a TS drawer system with the CC and QHY10, just got enough ccd clearance now set at 52mm (should be 55mm) gives me a bit of adjustment, just need to test it now I hope it works ok with the CC close to the OAG mirror. QHY10 has 20mm nose projection and that should be a maximum distance on most cams?. clear skies.

IMG_1810 (Medium).jpeg

IMG_1814 (Medium).jpeg

IMG_1817 (Medium).jpeg

• 2 weeks later...