sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

COMPLETED - * SORTED* ZWO ASIAIR compatible colour camera

Bought a new ASI 224MC off FLO

Hi

I'm moving off a DSLR and onto an ASIAIR based system, so am looking for a reasonable starter ZWO colour  camera that will work with the ASIAIR (it isn't compatible with my Nikon D5100 for Bulb exposures)

Anyone just upgraded to some lovely cooled beast, and want to shift their old basic one?

I'm thinking of models similar to the ASI178MC - I have a 120MM mini guider coming with the ASIAIR

Cheers 🙂

Edited by Davehux
Closed

Hi. No, I spoke to ZWO and they said it will do Manual up to 30 seconds, but it doesn't support Bulb mode. Must be the firmware, as the 5100 is version A & B and the 5200 (which is fully supported) is version C

PS - been watching your Youtube videos on the ASIair - excellent for getting me plugging the right wires into the right holes - Cheers 🙂

3 hours ago, Davehux said:

Hi. No, I spoke to ZWO and they said it will do Manual up to 30 seconds, but it doesn't support Bulb mode. Must be the firmware, as the 5100 is version A & B and the 5200 (which is fully supported) is version C

PS - been watching your Youtube videos on the ASIair - excellent for getting me plugging the right wires into the right holes - Cheers 🙂

Interesting and im sure that they can patch that in next firmware.

I've heard some rumours of some significant improvements in the pipeline including EQ Mod compatibility. You're welcome i'm happy if even one person benefits.

cheers