SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I never mastered imaging, so I made a painting of the Apollo 15 landing site based on
Quickmap's 3D LROC views.

North is to the left. The largest crater is Hadley C, the highest mountain is Mons Hadley
and the rille is Rima Hadley. The red arrows point to the Apollo 15 landing site, which is
at 26.1°N and 3.7°E.

See https://quickmap.lroc.asu.edu

1599991391_Apollo15.thumb.png.41bf5680a2e0df895cb983100279b132.png

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, astroavani said:

Gostaria muito de além de saber fotografar também saber desenhar assim, simplesmente ficou admirável!

I'm glad you like it, Avani. I used a screenshot from Quickmap which I simplified to black, white and a couple of grey tones, and then I recreated the scene in Painter using the workflow I describe here (in reply to Rob's question a few posts into the thread). The problem with this LROC painting is that it has way too much detail for my technique. I am a one-trick-artist and my trick works best on simple scenes.

Estou feliz que você gostou, Avani. Usei uma captura de tela do Quickmap que simplifiquei para preto, branco e alguns tons de cinza, e recriei a cena no Painter usando o fluxo de trabalho que descrevi aqui (em resposta à pergunta de Rob, algumas postagens no tópico). O problema com esta pintura LROC é que ela tem muitos detalhes para minha técnica. Sou um artista de truques simples e meu truque funciona melhor em cenas simples.