Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galactic Cinema

Last night i had front row seats to the best show in town. 
North Wales has some of the darkest skies in the UK. hence why i spend alot of time in the area.

There was meant to be a chance of the first decent auroa of the season but it never really came, so i focused on some other aspects of the night sky.

I had a Sigma Imaging UK 14mm F1.8 on loan for the evening and i was eager to see what this lens could do after hearing great things about it. 

Nothing could of prepared me for the back of screen moment after the first exposure. What a beautifully crafted lens.

Shot wide open at F1.8 

ISO 1250 

4X4MIN 

14MMfb.jpg

• Like 11

I I’ve been researching 14mm lenses for the next purchase but choked when I saw the price tag of this lens, waaaay out of my budget, but yeah I can see why. Your picture certainty has the wow factor. Nice one

Edited by Andy R
Spelling
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lockie said:

I think I can just about make out the milky way if I squint :D No seriously though, that's really quite special!

not bad wide open like. i rekon stopped down to F2.2 and tracked this lens would be a belter. wish i had captured more data

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel-K said:

not bad wide open like. i rekon stopped down to F2.2 and tracked this lens would be a belter. wish i had captured more data

"not bad for wide open like" lol I'd need to stop down my Nifty fitty to f4 to get close to that!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nigeyboy said:

Wow!! Thats incredible!! I tried my hand at some basic AP while on holiday in Cornwall a few weeks back. I only had a static set up (Canon DSLR on a tripod), but still caught some details!! What tracking mount did you use?

I used the  skywatcher mount.its a great mount very useful.

16 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

I shot it wide open to see what aberrations it had. You can clearly see it has a vignette but that might of been the lens hood. But still very impressive. I wish I had more time to use it. However I have access to it anytime so next time I fancy stopping it down and doing a full night with it.