Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

KevS

Anybody Playing Tonight?

9 hours ago, upahill said:

😬 !!

Good luck with the new camera!

Thanks! My heart had a sudden sinking feeling as I watched it and I momentarily froze at the laptop. Didn't know whether to abort the flip or let it finish! Thinking now my guitar pick shims ain't the best idea for aligning the 2 scopes. I tightened things up and it was fine but need to look at a better alternative to align the secondary scope.

Had about an hour out last night because it was getting quite late, spent it on the Hyades, beautiful. I'm still in love with the Morpheus 17.5mm😁 Seeing wasn't so good but well worth the effort.

Glen.

• Like 1

Hammering down :( And a slate got knocked loose in the recent storm. I've tried getting it back but it's just out of reach. got a roofer coming on Friday but that may already be too late :(.

• Sad 1

Chucking it down here....although there may be a very faint glimmer of hope for Friday night.....if I dont get fogged out again  😫

Fine and sunny this morning.  Now it's clouded up ready for the next deluge tonight!

Sun has been shining all morning here, and the forecast says that we shall have a few hours of clear sky tonight.

If it is clear, then I am going to get a bunch of Ha on the same target as a week ago and compare the two.  I want to see if I can figure out how the moon affects Ha data.

I also hope to do some RG and B to see if I can get enough decent data to add RGB stars back into a narrowband image.

• Like 1

I’ve had lovely blue sky all day, even managed to cut the lawn. Looking good till 2am on weather app. 

Slippery mud here!!

Edited by Gina

CO is showing large chunks of green for tomorrow and Sunday, Guess what the moon will be? Yep, damn near full. :mad:.

• Sad 1

3D printed gears for my longcase clock are coming along pretty nicely 🤣  Clear skies???  Wassat den????

About time to sort out the loft and get some shelving put in up there as well. Did the flooring a while ago.

Edited by johninderby

Should go and do some more cutting of wood, but the garage is blummin' freezing. Not much better indoors as I have the daytime temp set to 18 C to save fuel. Brrr....

Why be cold, Dave?  You can't take it with you...

Masochism lol, plus a residual puritanical streak.

• Haha 2

I've given up masochism!!  OH Well...  I'm still into astro so maybe not!!  😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well I just had my Hive monthly update and it says my average daily temp is 0.4 deg higher than others "near me", but "near me" covers the whole of the south west.

Fitted a new starter motor to my car. Had to disconnect the coolant hoses and a power steering hose.

After rolling around in that mess a bit of rain went largely unnoticed...

• Sad 1

All day there has been quite a large patch of clear sky forecast for this evening.  Of course now it is dark, said clear patch is getting shorter and starting later :(

Perhaps not all bad news as I do have to work this evening, though I could actually do that from the observatory if necessary.

James

It's nice and clear here at the moment. Fine for observing with a rig that I can get in quickly enough if things take a turn for the worse. I realise that imaging requires quite a bit more more prep though.

We've had wall to wall rain and cloud in my part of NE Scotland lately, any clearing at night has seen very high humidity. It's passing but not supposed to clear here until 2am, so that's pretty much me out of the game until an earlier night. Just got my H beta filter as well, argh! Hopefully soon...

Rain here of Biblical proportions, took the wolf out for a whiz around the block and there was a bloke coming the other way with a pair of sheep, think it may be a sign of thinks to come😭

• Haha 4