Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

KevS

Anybody Playing Tonight?

2 minutes ago, Gina said:

Tipping it down ATM :clouds2:

Just started here in the last 15 minutes, too.  Fortunately not until after my daughter's hockey match had finished (though she's quite hardcore really and doesn't mind playing in the rain).

James

7 minutes ago, Gina said:

Tipping it down ATM :clouds2:

Looking at the forecast, looks like I’m not going to be playing for at least a fortnight!

Jet stream forecast offers no hope either.

• Sad 1

Chucking it down ATM. CO is suggesting an outside chance of imaging tomorrow, and then nothing, probably until the next full moon :mad:.

• Sad 1

Debating whether to build another Obsy or an Ark...

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Kev M said:

Debating whether to build another Obsy or an Ark...

I would go for the obsy but you would probably get more action out of the Ark (so long as you like animals)

Steve

Set my alarm for 03:00 for an alleged clear spell, just looked outside it's  coming down in biblical proportions. Too late to go back to bed and too early to walk the wolf. Season of mellow fruitfulness, yeh right; more like the season of perpetual precipitation:clouds2:.

Edited by KevS
  • Like 1

So it's currently throwing it down with rain yet from 7pm onwards it's supposed to be mostly clear, I'm sceptical about that.

And what are the chances of this being true

image.thumb.png.aa20a07dd4e62f840b726081b815f83a.png

Tue may be doable with an automated start and shut down.

Here's mine.  Wasn't planning to image tonight but now I'm not so sure.

122129210_Screenshotfrom2019-09-2917-00-52.png.bf341e0e6cf0f762927c586d6cdaf6d8.png

This is mine in more detail

image.thumb.png.15ccfc47f8f5f9e14395816141abb1bf.png

If it *does turn out to be true, then what to image? I still have work I want to do on Stephan and Deer before putting it to bed for this year. Given the 5 hours of dark, I'm thinking 1 hour each RGB, and 2 hours L. I already have 2 hours each RGB, and 2 1/2 hours L so that might be the best option. Else go for 90 mins each RGB and forget the L, or go for a lot of L, but I've sound that diluting the colour information.

Ideas?

And yes, my humidity is going to be sky-high too, but beggars, as they say....

The cloud is starting to break up here after a fairly miserable last twenty-four hours.  Still very breezy though.

James

Almost total cloud cover here after being clearer earlier.

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

If it *does turn out to be true, then what to image? I still have work I want to do on Stephan and Deer before putting it to bed for this year. Given the 5 hours of dark, I'm thinking 1 hour each RGB, and 2 hours L. I already have 2 hours each RGB, and 2 1/2 hours L so that might be the best option. Else go for 90 mins each RGB and forget the L, or go for a lot of L, but I've sound that diluting the colour information.

Ideas?

It's pretty grim here at the moment, but  I wouldn't be surprised if we get some clear bits.  If  it isn't good enough for good quality imaging, then I am going to have a go at bagging some Messier objects.  My missing ones are mainly globs and open clusters,   and there are a few around at the moment.

Edited by don4l

I'm printing a dew shield for my 135mm lens so I can use that if we do get some clear sky.

Raining here has been all day, going to get the knitting out for this evening entertainment.

Clear skies everyone

K

• Haha 1

ATM not sure whether to open up. It's not raining but I'm looking at the clouds, and Netweather Storm radar is showing some bands of rain further west, Exeter-ish.

I can wait a while, so I'm getting the old Megrez 90 set up for visual on the HEQ5. Leaving the big Mak-Cass for the moment.

At a cancer charity event on Friday I bought a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle to make a change from fixing 3D printers, imaging rigs, etc. and provide some de-stressing!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gina said:

At a cancer charity event on Friday I bought a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle to make a change from fixing 3D printers, imaging rigs, etc. and provide some de-stressing!!!

Have not done a jigsaw for years, can see a trip to my local Oxfam shop in the morning being on the cards. Monday is grocery shopping day, two birds with one stone so to speak, as looking at CO and the Beeb don't think I will be out this week.

• Like 1

I haven't done a jigsaw for years either - may be decades!!